Menu

Job offer at a pre-IPO startup and negotiations

Reading 0:00
15s threshold

Hi,

I work for a big multinational company. Over the last 2 years i have derailed and stagnated in terms of career. Especially as no opportunity to grow for me here in the remote office in US, where most opportunities are in the European HQ. I got a job offer, for a job i like and would alloe me to grow as ot seems, from a cash positive pre-ipo startup planning to go public in 18-24 months. The package is highly skewed on illiquid equity. The base is ~20k higher than my current base but no yearly target bonus, which make my current yearly cash (base + 25% yearly bonus) higher than what the startup is offering. Now if a transition before March 2027, I would loose between 60-80k guaranteed cash from yearly bonus and vesting LTI. The startup are not willing to make me whole especially not even for this year leave behind. They are waiting for my decision. I asked if I can start in March 2027 to save this year cash. Is that too much to ask for?

submitted by /u/IllustratorInfamous1
[link] [comments]